With more tomatoes and basil on hand than I knew what to do with, I adapted a recipe from All Recipes for the evening meal. Could easily be varied with cooked chicken or shrimp if a non-vegetarian option is desired.
- 2 cups diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 6 leaves fresh basil, torn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 10 ounces fusilli pasta
- 3 tablespoons shredded Asagio cheese, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook fusilli in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, 11 minutes. Drain.
- Stir tomatoes, onion, olive oil, garlic, basil and peas together in a large sauté pan. Lightly sauté until the peas are no longer frozen.
- Toss warm pasta with Feta and Asagio cheeses. Stir tomato mixture into pasta and season with salt and pepper.